Monday, August 25, 2008

3 weeks until the La Manzanilla move

Wow, I've been thinking a lot about writing but alas I've been too busy! Only 3 weeks and we will be leaving Denver for La Manzanilla. We've taken our house off the market and have found renters. Not the ideal situation as the money from the house sale was supposed to be what we were going to use to build the La Manzanilla house. Guess we will just rent for awhile and see how things go.

Lyle is all set for school thanks to my friend Maggie from the Alegria Language Institute, she sent me all the paperwork and thanks to email we were able to get all the necessary documentation to the school.

We've decided to take the tried and true Nogales route along the coast to La Manzanilla. El Paso seemed just a little too adventurous i.e. dangerous of a crossing.

Still trying to get the php side of the VisitlaManzanilla.com website up and running so that the site has some additional functionality.

Denver is hosting the Democratic National convention this week. We are going to try to go and see Obama's acceptance speech on one of the many giant screens around town on Thursday.

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

I am putting my house on the market as soon as I get some repair work done. We will see if I have better luck. I want to avoid the renter option. After I finish my Melaque stay, I may take a look at what La Manzanilla offers in long-term rentals. By the time I am ready to move over, you will be an expert.

VisitLaManzanilla said...

Hey Steve,

There are a few long term options in La Man. We will be in La Man on or about Sept 17. Please send me an email at june@visitlamanzanilla.com toward the end of Sept so we can get together for a taco and beer!

Steve Cotton said...

I won't be down again until April. But we will meet up then.

Brenda Maas said...

Have a good trip.