Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wow, we've been busy

Just realized it’s been almost month since I posted. Lyle’s last day of school was Dec. 19 and the following Monday we left for San Miguel and Guanajuato for 10 days, returned to make an offer on a house, I started Spanish lessons, work ramped back up, Lyle started back to school, VisitLaManzanilla.com (that’s me) is working on the 2nd La Manzanilla Art Walk and Friday I poured wine at a gallery opening and it’s January 10th!

If you get a chance go to San Miguel and Guanajuato, both lovely colonial cities with lots to see and do, churches, artisans, museums and Mexican history.

Want stress? Buy a house in Mexico.

Want to get to know the locals? Take Spanish, oh but I forgot about the studying part. So and hour class and 2 hours of studying- I’ll keep you posted about how it goes.

Want to get to know the gringa locals? Work on the Art Walk- Talk about personalities and opinions. Good grief, it’s an afternoon of walking around and looking at art. Let’s not take ourselves too seriously.

Ok- I have to go and help cook dinner!

2 comments:

Frankly Ronda said...

Long in coming but nice update. Your Gringo comments made me laugh. So USA.

Steve Cotton said...

Are you at liberty to let us know which area the house is in? Keep us posted of the grind. Some of us are still looking forward to our own experiences.