Monday, November 3, 2008

Presidential election from 2200 miles away

This is like an out of body experience.

I've been through enough elections in my life to understand what is happening on the US airways at this moment. The talking heads of CNN and Fox news are like rabid dogs in frenzy over exit and early return polling, commercials are full of negative ads and the candidates are running to every state with any electoral vote that might be sitting on the fence.

But I’m in La Manzanilla….and we don’t have a TV. It is so strange, it’s so quiet here.

I’ve already cast my vote, thanks to the mail in ballot and a husband who had to return to Denver for a few weeks.

I guess on Wednesday I’ll just fire up my computer and google the election results. Until then…did I mention it’s quiet here?

3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Sounds like a blessing to me. It seems as if we have been in constant election mode for the past 16 years. I look forward to escaping it all in a few months. The banter will continue.

Frankly Ronda said...

I also enjoy the quiet in Mexico. It is nice to escape the media frenzy.

40licious said...

I wish you were here, actually. Leading up to it was horrific, but it felt good to be part of something -- even though I voted by mail too. xoxo miss you