Thursday, March 12, 2009

Went fishing, got sick, had a blast!


There's a local expat, Steve, who offers 3.5 hour fishing tours so we decided to try it. Steve’s fun to talk with, he’s lived here in La Manzanilla for 30 plus years, his mom and 2 brothers are also here.

It was a beautiful morning although I spent most of it on my back at the front of the boat trying not to “toss my cookies.”

The boys, on the other hand, had a marvelous time reeling in fish. They caught about 25 Spanish Mackerels and I was well enough to snap a few photos but not well enough to capture the event on video.

I did end up hurling over the side, which made me feel better and I even managed to bring in one fish myself. We’ve been back for 5 hours and I still feel like I’m on the boat.

Next time I’ll take the Dramamine before I start feeling queasy!

3 comments:

Frankly Ronda said...

Holy Mackerel! - I could not resist :)

That is allot of fish! Did you eat them?

VisitLaManzanilla said...

We had some last night at it was tasty! Just sauteed in olive oil, butter, garlic and lemon.

We gave the majority of the catch to our neighbors.

ElleCancun said...

Jajaja - I too get sea sick with waters like that!!!

So nice to see the kids happy though, isn't it :)