Monday, March 2, 2009

Who needs to go to an expensive salon?

Here in La Manzanilla there is one Salon de Belleza- beauty salon.

Rick and Lyle have been at least twice since we moved here in September.

I started covering my grey hair about 3 years ago. I have a friend who has an Aveda salon and every time I leave her salon I’m $120 poorer but my hair looks so natural and wonderful that it’s worth every penny!

Recently a friend here remarked, “wow, I love that you let your hair look so natural, the grey looks great.” At that point I was so obsessed about my hair I didn’t hear another word she said.

I’m just too afraid to try the local salon. I don’t want to be red or blond!

So the last time I was in Manzanillo I bought a package of hair color that seemed to close to my non-grey color…..and I waited.

My good friend Connie was here last week to visit and I mentioned the grey hair dilemma. “June, back in the day when I had no money I did my own hair.” That was
all I needed. Connie did a great job with my box of color from Walmart!
Photos for your amusement. That’s wine I’m drinking. Last pic sin grey!

2 comments:

40licious said...

You look no different than when we met as badly behaved teenagers. Seriously.

40licious said...

Um, I think I do. I just tried it myself after, say, 15 years. Not good. Not good at all.