Friday, May 15, 2009

Play time…

It’s been nearly 3 weeks and still no school in La Manzanilla, Jalisco!

Thank goodness we live across the street from a family that has lots of kids coming and going. Lyle spends a good part of his school-free day playing with the neighbor kids.

I spend a good part of my day refereeing fighting- “No pelando!” (no fighting) is something I yell out more than a few times a day.

I’ve also discovered that it’s important to always have jicama and cucumbers on hand and a bag of corn for popcorn. You have no idea how much Mexican kids love jicama and cumbers with lime and chili and/or popcorn. Around 3 pm everyday they start asking for “comida?” “do you have anything to eat?” I take out a pitcher of water, glasses and some slices of cucumber and jicama or a big bowl of popcorn and all is good.

Yesterday they were playing “shoveling” and they played for nearly an hour. That's a big pile of sand they are rearranging. Ah, to be a kid again.

2 comments:

Frankly Ronda said...

My kids would love to be shoveling that pile too!

Our housekeeper's son has been coming to play each day which is great except he is Oldest Son's age and they seem to gang up a bit on Youngest Son ... probably good that school starts Monday.

ElleCancun said...

Ahh...yes, jicama!!! It's definitely something I've come to enjoy!!!

Way to keep them entertained and fed! LOL!!!