Friday, August 28, 2009

Heading back to La Manzanilla!

Having two homes has some challenges. Now I realize this is the first year we've done this but I have to say, one month prior to leaving La Manzanilla we spent a fair amount of time getting the house "ready for summer." Now that we are leaving Denver we've spent the last month obsessing about what we “need” to take back with us. By my estimates we’ve spent 2 months out of this year in one place but thinking about getting to the other.

We are driving our 2004 Toyota truck- no extended cab and there are 3 of us, but that will be another blog post.

So we have the truck with a topper on it and we’ve availed ourselves of the opportunity to go crazy filling it up! Grill, rugs, cookware, blender, knives, printer, toiletries all this stuff! I was trying to get to a point where I could say, “if you have to store it, you don’t need it.” Boy have I fallen off that wagon!

Goals for next year- don’t spend so much time thinking about what’s coming next and let go of this ridiculous idea that life in Mexico is made better by bringing my life (stuff) from Denver with me.

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Bringing the northern life south. Wow! I know what you mean. I struggled with it and ended up bringing too much of most things. Living in Mexico may be a little bit like camping, but it is certainly not like visiting the south pole. Good luck on the drive down. I am trying to imagine the junior partner in your family sitting still that long in between the two of you.

VisitLaManzanilla said...

Yes, it's going to be an adventure with the junior partner! looking forward to getting back!

ElleCancun said...

YAY - welcome back!

I always seem to find that I want more and more from home! Good thing Cancun is a tourist hub and friends of my friends can often bring us stuff!!!

Frankly Ronda said...

Hope you stop and see us in USA!!!!

We miss MX and you would bring a piece of to us ...