Monday, August 10, 2009

Marketing La Manzanilla

For those of you who don't know it...I own and operate website about La Manzanilla I built the site about two years ago and I've had success driving traffic to the site and making a little money along the way. I wrote all the copy, took or purchase the photos, designed the site layout and I spend a good amount of time marketing it.

I have, on a few occasions, seen my copy on other people's sites and those people never offer to link back to my site or to give me credit, can you believe it?

Once again, someone has pilfered my work. They have set-up a website using a URL that is so close to mine I'm sure it was done purposefully to take advantage of the brand I’ve promoted. Wonder if they will contact me and ask permission before they borrow my copy. I’m guessing not. What do you think?

4 comments:

Chrissy y Keith said...

Well, I think that there are not so nice people in the world that have no problem stealing. Im sorry that I dont know enough about copy write to offer any legal help.

ElleCancun said...

That's awful, and I hear that happening far too often!

I'll add your website to my blog for you! Maybe it will increase some traffic!!!

VisitLaManzanilla said...

Thanks for the words of support!

Unknown said...

You can find out who they are if they have an open registry and ask them to stop -- what will it hurt? You should also buy up every variation of your name you can get to avoid this happening further! (also, every .org, .net, plus Twitter and Facebook name you can)